Monday, November 23, 2015

Not so Perfect Plaid

All Season long, I have been looking for the perfect plaid button-down. I can't even express to you how desperately I wanted one. With it being Fall, there is plaid everywhere so it should have been pretty easy to find something that worked for me right? 
Except there was one little problem...


Sizing! 

I think that every woman probably has trouble with this as some point. For me, button downs are the worse! I love them, but they hate me. The problem is that I have a short torso and my chest is a bit large for my frame. With any other shirt, it's not a problem, but with button-downs, I can never seem to find one that fits. 

Case in point! 


Picture #1 is me in my regular size and the middle button looks as if it may go flying across the room at any moment. That big gaping hole between the buttons is not good. So in Picture #2: I went up a size. The shirt is baggier now, but it mostly fits well, except that it's still pulling along the buttons. It wasn't comfortable. Let's try this again! Picture #3: I go up TWO sizes. Finally, the shirt no longer pulls in the chest area, BUT it's huge everywhere else! It's much too long now, especially in the sleeves. And there is extra fabric everywhere. Nothing was going right. I felt like Goldilocks in that dressing room..."this shirt is too tight" and "this shirt is too loose" 
Nothing was just right 


My only saving grace is that I'm a shortie (only 5'2''), which meant I could go with petite sizing. I still went up two full sizes to accommodate my chest area, but petite sizes tend to be shorter in length (both in the hem and the sleeves), plus they fit a lot leaner around the torso and arms. That turned this not so perfect plaid into the perfect plaid, which is great because I love this print. 


OOTD Details...


After trying 20 different shirts at 12 different stores, I finally found my perfect plaid button-down!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE that outfit! And I am drooling over your purse....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl. I do love this green because it's a little different. It's one of my favorites. Who am I kidding? They are all my favorites!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I always have the same problem with button down shirts!! Glad you found one that worked! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took quite a while, but it was totally worth the wait

      Delete
  3. I bought that shirt too! The plaid is sooo beautiful. I took my normal size though since my figure is pretty straight up and down. Love the way you paired it with the herringbone vest (which I also have)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um it sounds like we would be really good shopping buddies.

      Delete
  4. Such a cute outfit! Love the herringbone vest and I still need some faux leather leggings/pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can find a pair during all the black friday sales!

      Delete
  5. I love this shirt so much and you look great in it! Plaid is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand (understood) your problem!! I'm 5'2" and had a very large chest...breastfeeding 3 babies took that away, but yes, it was so hard to find the perfect button down! Yours is adorable and I am absolutely in love with the vest! I'm obsessed with anything herringbone. Thank you for linking up with www.momfluence.net Wednesday's Wearables!

    ReplyDelete