Monday, November 30, 2015

November in Review

November has been a month of profound change…
some changes were welcomed and others that were unexpected
but big changes none the less 
Most notably…I've left dental school 
I've alluded to some personal issues in the past and the compilation of everything has required me to temporarily take some time and step away from my program. This was not something I wanted or that I could have anticipated. it's simply something that is happening and I'm working to make my peace with it. I haven't changed my course, but I am having to follow a deviated path that may take a little longer. But with anything worth having, it's worth the work and worth the wait. In the meantime, November has flown by in a blur because of all of these big changes. Leaving school, moving to a new city, and setting an altered course. it's a big part of why I have been missing in action for the majority of this month. But at this stage, I've come to realize that it's more essential than ever that I take pleasure in the small moments and simple pleasures in my life {including this little blog} So on that note, here are my favorite moments from November 
yellow bicycles brightening up a rainy autumn day + my favorite Fall Squash
Who says that fresh blooms are just for Spring? Autumn inspired arrangements are just as pretty and much more appreciated on cold windy days 
a date night spent in Little Italy with my favorite involved lots of wine  
lots of pasta with seafood
and lots of cannoli
Then Thanksgiving happened…and it was perfection

3 comments:

  1. It must have been such a tough decision to step back from dental school but good for you. You have to do what's best for your life. Sometimes that takes a lot of bravery. And it looks like you have your priorities straight. Best of luck in this next step of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianna. Stepping away for now has definitely been difficult, but necessary. I think that some people won't understand it and perhaps that's my fault for not being 100% transparent about the details but it's the best thing for right now. Thank you for your sweet words of support and encouragement.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you did what you needed to do! I didn't know that you moved! Where did you move to?

    ReplyDelete