Sunday, June 8, 2014

Quarter of a Century

Today is my 25th birthday. I celebrated last night with a party. A post on that is coming soon, but for today I took some time for myself to reflect. I thought that I would share some of the accomplishments and experiences that I've had and am most proud of in my 25 years of life. So in no particular order...

Shirt: Olive & Oak//Skirt: Exact //Sandals: Calvin Klein//
Bracelet: Exact // Bangles: Kohl's// Sunnies: Steve Madden

1. Graduated from college with a BS in Biology
2. I was fortunate enough to meet and marry the perfect man
3. Went parasailing and ziplining on my honeymoon even though I'm afraid of heights and it was awesome.
4. Gained an appreciation for traveling and experiencing different cultures through visiting 5 different countries and 12 states. Definitely working on expanding this.
5. Got accepted to multiple dental schools
6. Started dental school and I'm still here
7. Found the best pup a girl could have
8. Learned to bake a pie from scratch
9. Fell in love with helping others and volunteered thousands of hours
10. Tossed a coin into the Trevi Fountain
11. Marveled at the Palace of Versailles
12. Took a gondola ride through Venice
13. Ate gelato at the Roman Colosseum
14. Smiled with Mona Lisa at the Louvre
Can you tell which of the countries that I've visited have been my favorite?
15. Learned to love amalgam restorations (metal fillings)
16. Finally learned to swim (the water makes me nervous)
17. Earned a scholarship award for my NIH sponsored genetics research
18. Served as a mentor and role model to those younger than me
19. I learned to openly give love and be loved
20. I love myself for who I am
21. Started this wonderful little blog
22. Gained an appreciation for all things vintage
23. Toured the White House and explored the nation's capitol
24. Planned my wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment