Wednesday, May 10, 2017

hola barcelona

The last stop on my Europe trip with my little sister was Spain. This county was a first for us both and we ended up ringing in the new year here. I couldn't have asked for a better place or a better way to kick off 2017. 
We visited the famed Park Guell, which was designed by Gaudi to be an outdoor utopian city. Spain is covered with the unique architecture of Gaudi, which was so fun to spot and visit, especially La Sagrada Familia, a church that is taken 100 years to build (it's still not finished).
 Starting the day at Park Guell with the sunrise, my favorite time of of day
                 a pink house in the park designed by one of the best architects of our time
would happily live here, whose with me? 
Seriously, how this is a park? 
They don't make em' like this in America.
onto a piece 100 year old history in the making
that's still under construction thanks to all of the incredible detailing
Now I have an excuse to come back again and see it all finished
I'm always a sucker for a place with good city views
And Barcelona, you are beautiful 
We're wearing matching pom beanie hats, because I'm trying to be as cool as her
fun to spot and look out for Gaudi architecture while walking all over the city, his style is unmistakable 
 gorgeous Spain
Ending our first day in Barcelona and kicking off the new year with a flamenco show. 
Hello 2017!
Random Fact: At the flamenco show, I immediately recognized the artwork on the program because I've seen it in person here. First time in my life that I actually felt like I was cultured. Ha!
And one last Gaudi building that we walked by at night all decorated for winter with snow balls
Barcelona looks like a work of art thanks to Gaudi mixing art and architecture all throughout the city. Barcelona sounds like the clacking of the flamenco dancers castanets. Barcelona tastes like sangria and paella and too many local foods to name. Barcelona smells like churros & chocolat stands on every corner. But most importantly, Barcelona feels like a place the best place for creating lasting memories with my sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment