Monday, October 30, 2017

autumn camping

I'm just back from a weekend of hiking and camping in the mountains. And while it was nice to wash the campfire smell out of my hair and sleep in an actual bed last night, I already miss it. 
Autumn camping has been on the list for for quite some time and it was nice to check this one off. If I'm honest, we got a little more than we bargained for with having rain and snow and the temperatures suddenly drop more than expected for this time of year. Ha! But we're used to dealing with crazy weather and never let it ruin our plans. It was the quickest weekend with me taking off clinic Friday (that I will have to make up) and road tripping along the blue ridge parkway with stops to hike through great smoky mountain national park. Drinking hot chocolate with giant marshmallows, viewing the best fall foliage with the contrast between changing leaves and evergreens, and hiking up the mountain alongside the fog...autumn camping was a win. I'll be sharing more later this week from our trip, but for now, there is lots of pics and video in my instastories

2 comments:

  1. I love camping in the fall! I'm so sad we didn't have our airstream ready in time but at least we will be all set for next season. I'll have to check out your stories! Sierra ~ Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely purists when it comes to camping, but ya'll are sure to have some good adventures in there. Can't wait to see the big reveal. It seems like such a fun thing to get to renovate and then have to adventure around in.

      Delete