Tuesday, June 12, 2018

29th birthday in Martha's Vineyard!

I’m THAT girl who loves birthdays. Everyone’s birthdays. A whole day dedicated to just you. Oh, and let’s not forget about the fact that there is cake involved. Yes…Please! I don’t even care that I’m getting older. I’m just so happy to celebrate and I think I rang in the last year of my twenties the right way. 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 1
When I realized that my birthday was on a Friday this year, I immediately took the day off from the dental school clinic. I will have to make up the missed day, but it was worth it to have a 3-day weekend for my birthday. Why ADULT on your birthday if you don't have to? I flew into Boston late that Thursday night to reunite with Husband for the first time since our Easter Trip to New Orleans. Between that and my birthday, we had so much to be grateful for. Also, how amazingly perfect is this "OFFICE" themed birthday card that Tom got me? He knows me too well. 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 2
That Friday morning on my birthday, I woke up craving donuts. Of course our first stop for the day had to be the famous Boston Blackbird Doughnuts. makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 3
We may have gone a little overboard, but when national donut day and your birthday all fall within the same week, it’s ok to go a little crazy right? 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 4
We walked down to and through the Boston Common munching on donuts and drinking iced coffees. It was just the most relaxed morning filled with sweet treats, swan boat rides, blooming flowers, and my sweet husband by my side. 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 5
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 6
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 7
Honestly, I felt so content already, but we still had the rest of the day so we left Boston and hopped on the ferry over to Martha’s Vineyard. Lucky Girl 💕 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 8As soon as we landed on the island, we checked into our hotel for the weekend. I honestly couldn’t get over how adorable this place is.
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 9
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 10
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 11
Mostly, we loved the fact that it was perfectly located just steps away from the water! Too pretty for its own good.  
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 12
By this point we had worked off our donuts and decided to grab drinks and some lunch on the water. 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 12
We spent the rest of my birthday in Aquinnah at the beach. This place was beyond stunning and it deserves its own post. I’ll have more to share on the Aquinnah Cliffs and Lighthouse, but for now, here’s a glimpse of the most incredible day. 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 13
We found another restaurant right on the water and had to have my birthday dinner there.
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 14
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 15
With the sun going down, it was getting pretty chilly, but we had to brave it for the most amazing views of the water. Wouldn't you? 
makingrestorations blog 29th birthday 16
We planned for a laid back weekend in Martha's Vineyard, but of course we ended up adding to our list of things to do. I can’t wait to share more from our time in Martha’s Vineyard later this week, but this was just what we did on my actual birthday. I felt so lucky knowing that we still had the whole weekend ahead of us to celebrate and spend time together. My 29th year is off to a great start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment