Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Power Couple

Introducing Doctor and Doctor Schneider!
Ok yes, I realize that may sound all kinds of obnoxious. I don't mean for it to be, I'm just proud because the only thing more difficult than earning a doctorate degree is...earning a doctorate degree while your spouse is ALSO earning a doctorate degree-hundreds of miles away in another state. 

 Separate from pursuing our own dreams, we still managed to support the goals and dreams of each other, all while fostering this marriage in the process. Sometimes this meant putting ourselves on hold, while helping the other through a particularly difficult patch. Yet, we always did so without sacrificing ourselves or each other. 
 And you know what, I think that is the most beautiful thing. 
So while I've always felt awkward when others called us a "power couple", I am now ready to fully embrace this title, because what we did for ourselves and each other was no easy feat. And I am bursting with pride for both myself and my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment