Saturday, December 13, 2014

Best Sugar Cookies Ever!

Blogmas Day 13

My amazing parents gave me some of my Christmas presents early so that I could start using them right away. One of those just so happened to be the most beautiful KitchenAid Stand Mixer. As a result I have been looking for any and every excuse to bake. I just love watching the paddle spin around that beautiful silver bowl while it's making me yummy treats. Betty Sue (that's the mixer) and I will be spending a lot of time together. And Yesterday's Excuse? Well, it was Friday!


 Cookies: 
3½ cups flour 
1 cup sugar 
 ½ cup softened butter 
½ cup sour cream
1 egg 
2 tsps vanilla extract 
1 tsp baking soda 

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Add flour while continuing to mix . Roll out dough (sprinkling in flour helps) and cookie cut away.  Bake for 10-15 minutes. 

Cream Cheese Frosting:
4oz oz cream cheese at room temp
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup butter
½ tsp vanilla extract 
Combine and mix well

No comments:

Post a Comment