Monday, December 8, 2014

Merry Christmas ya Filthy Animals!

Blogmas Day 8

This weekend hubby and I hosted our first Christmas party. It was a huge hit and I love Christmas so much that I'm thinking that we should make this an annual thing. 
Our theme for this party and obviously the title for this post describe the atmosphere... 
DIY Chalkboard 
This party was a piece of cake compared to our last party, since the house was already decorated for Christmas. We just moved a couple of things around to make more space and added a few extra decor touches like my newly finished DIY bar cart. 

Aside from the "make your own drink" station at the bar cart we served water, tea, and two types of punch. When it came to the punch, you could choose to either be Naughty or Nice. 
The Nice Punch which we named "The Kris Kringle" was non-alcoholic and eggnog based. The Naughty Punch was very appropriately named "The Grinch"; it included vodka, pineapple juice, and sprite. But regardless of the punch that you picked, they both had ice cream in them! 
We also served food and lots of sweet treats! Everything on our menu was made by hubby and I from scratch. We are turning into quite the little cooking team. 

Hor d'oeuvres: 
Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs 
Veggie Platter 
Cheese Platter 
Artichoke Spinach Cheese Dip 


Sweet Treats: 
Brownies 
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Sugar Cookies 


What I'm Wearing? 
Shirt: J Crew Factory [exact]|| Cardigan: Gap [similar]|| Skirt: J Crew|| Bracelet: J Crew Factory|| Shoes: Shoemint

Even PJ had a blast! 




My only regret for the evening is wishing that I had captured more photos of our guests, but I was just having too much fun to think about it so I guess that's a good problem to have.

Linking up with Fab Favorites 

1 comment: