Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blazing Saddles: Biking San Francisco

After a great night out in San Francisco, we were eager to start the next day early. We decided to rent bikes from Blazing Saddles and bike the city. What better way to explore all the important landmarks?  

We started off the day with breakfast at La Boulange de Sunset. I don't know any way to describe the meal and our experience there other than superb. I wish I had access to this place on a regular basis. I ordered the Omelette de Paris with potatoes. It was pure perfection. We ended up eating breakfast here two days in a row and this dish was even better the second time! 


After picking up our bikes, we headed off to Coit Tower. It was built in an effort to help beautify the city and is one of the best places to scope out views of San Francisco. 






Back onto to our bikes and just a few short miles away to 
Fisherman's Wharf! 




Alcatraz


Biking on the wharf was amazing, especially when we stopped to watch these guys play at Pier 39. I could have sat there all day. They were absolutely hysterical. 






We continued biking along the wharf through aquatic park and then hopped onto a national park bike path. It took us past Fort Mason, through the Presido, and Crissy Field. 





Time for a quick lunch, courtesy of La Boulange! 



Oh don't mind me...just taking a little break! 



Just after we hit Fort Point, we hopped onto the Golden Gate Bridge! 


Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge has been on my Bucket List for as long as I can remember. I never imagined that I would cross it for the first time on a bike, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Riding along the bridge while the wind whipped in my hair and the fog came rolling in was quintessential. Everything was made even better by the fact that I got to share this experience with my husband.  




On our way back, we stumbled upon San Francisco's Off the Grid. There is quite the food truck following here and once a week the trucks congregate in one place. 


I wish we had captured more photos, but we were far too busy stuffing our faces with everything in sight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment