Thursday, September 25, 2014

Our Wedding Day: Part 2

Today I'm sharing our Wedding Ceremony. You can read about Getting Ready and Our First Look in Part 1. Part 3 is coming soon and will cover the fun stuff like the reception, our first dance, and cake cutting. Also, check out our love story (here): how and where we met, who said I love you first, and how Tom proposed!


Remember that impending rain I mentioned? Well it happened! Our ceremony was supposed to be outdoors overlooking a river and surrounded by trees. Just as it was to begin, it started raining. Thankfully, we had a back-up option indoors. It was a tight squeeze, but worked out just fine. 


This made me all the more grateful for our First Look because it poured the rest of the day and that ended up being our only opportunity to get outdoor photos. 




But they say that rain on your wedding day is good luck and it has definitely panned our for us so far. 




My Daddy walked me down the aisle. 





Tom and I chose to write and recite our own wedding vows. For us, this made our ceremony that much more special and intimate. 





For a while, Tom and I had debated having a wine inspired wedding. While we decided against it, we still incorporated wine into many aspects of our special day. To me, wine is extremely symbolic of a lasting relationship.





My gorgeous baby sister was my only bridesmaid and served as my Maid of Honor. She did an amazing job and looked beautiful. I started crying when the make-up artist finished with her. It was her first time wearing make-up and she just looked even more stunning than usual. 


Our mothers served as our two witnesses and signed our wedding license. 


While the guests enjoyed an open bar and hor-d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour, we snapped some family photos. 



Then our families headed off to partake in cocktail hour while Tom and I took some photos on our own. 





2 comments:

  1. Breathtaking!!! I love the shots that you did after the family photos.

    ReplyDelete