Saturday, September 20, 2014

Our Wedding Day: Part 1

On September 21st, 2013 I was bestowed the great honor of marrying my best friend. Our wedding was everything I had ever dreamt of. On a day full of so much love, we wanted only a few things....tradition, an intimate atmosphere, & a big dose of elegance. 




We chose to celebrate our wedding with 50 of the people closest to our hearts, a list full of loving relatives and childhood friends. 





Even as a little girl, I always knew that I would wear a lace gown on my wedding day. And I found exactly that with this beautiful Casablanca gown. It had a gorgeous train and just the right amount of sparkle. And I of course couldn't resist a lace veil to match. 







On our wedding day, Tom chose to wear the cuff links that I had given him as a college graduation gift. This touched my heart so much...it was so sentimental. 



Father and Son 





Tom and I decided to do a first look on our wedding day. For those of you that don't know, the first look occurs just before the ceremony. As in the groom sees the bride in her wedding dress before she walks down the aisle. I know, it's so faux pas and anti-traditional but this turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the whole day. 






I'm a bit neurotic and high strong compared to my laid back husband. Seeing him and having a few minutes together alone (well aside from our photographers) was just what I needed to calm down. When he turned to look at me in my wedding dress for the first time and I saw his face, it washed away all of my stress. I stopped caring about how the impending rain would affect our outdoor ceremony or about the fact that our wedding favors still weren't finished. He even calmed my totally rational terror of tripping while walking down the aisle. All I could think about was how much I loved him and how he was about to be mine forever. 












3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! I adore the venue - so elegant, and you looked absolutely gorgeous. The pictures of your first look are the sweetest - I couldn't help but smiling. Happy first anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful couple I've ever seen!!! Gorgeous pictures!!! Hope you both have the best anniversary ever and many more to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your extra kinds words. They really made our day feel that much more special

      Delete