Thursday, April 16, 2015

Trending

There's no denying that the options are never-ending when it comes to personal style, but some fashion pieces have more popularity and staying power than others. As a 90's kid, I can recall my fair share of trends that would never fly now. Anyone remember the days of crimped hair and baggy jeans? It got me thinking about some of today's trendiest clothing...the pieces that I love and the ones that I hate. As a fashion blogger there is definitely pressure to conform to the "trendy factor" for the sake of generating blog traffic. But at the end of the day, I think it's important to remain true to an individual sense of style so I only purchase pieces that I truly love. On the other side of the coin, I thought that it would be fun to share some trending items that I hate....

Tory Burch Reva Flats
I may be considered a pariah for this one, but I hate the Tory Burch Reva Flat. I don't find them attractive at all! The toebox somehow elongates the foot and widens it at the same time, making it look larger. What woman wants her feet to look big? For the price (+$200) these shoes should be comfortable, but there are far too many mixed opinions on that. Some of the biggest discomfort problems seem to be associated with the obnoxiously large metal logo on top. I have definitely seen Tory Burch flats that I like, but I'm not a fan of the classic Reva Flat. I just feel that there are plenty of attractive options for leather flats that will offer more style and higher comfort at a lower price. To me, these shoes have become more of a status symbol than anything else, and that's not a trend I'm interested in taking part in.


The Moto Jacket
Maybe I'm just not cool enough, but Moto Jackets are not for me. This one is probably more related to my body shape than anything else. Some items just suite certain bodies better. I'm on the busty side so I already have enough trouble trying to get things to button or zip over my boobs. Throw in an overly fitted jacket with an awkwardly placed zipper and it's going to be a bad time. It looks too much like I'm trying to escape, so I'll pass!


High Waisted Shorts 
How are high-waisted shorts trending right now?  These are the quintessential "mom-jeans" as they don't flatter most body types. They make big butts look small and small butts disappear. And I like my booty---I don't want it going anywhere. It also seems that a lot of women turn to high-waisted clothing because they think they hide the pouch, but it doesn't. It draws attention to that area as the torso is being shortened and looks disproportioned. If a gorgeous girl like Taylor Swift (who is known for sporting high-waisted shorts) can't always pull them off, then what hope do I have?

 
High Waisted Shorts mean NO Booty to "Shake It Off" With

Tunics
These seemed to have died down for a while, but I've seen them popping up everywhere again recently. I'm still on the fence about them because they can be flattering, but overall I find that tunics are too boxy in the shoulders and loose in the midsection to be flattering on most people.


Midi Rings
Am I the only one who thinks that these are super tacky? They seem very tween-esque. For me, midi rings are over-the-top pieces whose only job is to make your fingers look fat! Add in the impracticality factor. Thanks, but no thanks. These are one big trend that I will be excited to see go.


What Fashion Trends have you noticed that don't work for your body or your sense of Style? 

No comments:

Post a Comment