Wednesday, September 23, 2015

LBD + Plaid

It's been a little while since I've shared an OOTD, but I assure you that I have indeed been getting dressed. Typically, I prefer not to share repeat ensembles here and I've been living in the same summer pieces waiting for the transition into autumn. During our anniversary dinner this past weekend, I had cause to wear something a bit fancier since we caught a broadway show and dinner at a nice restaurant. I of course had no idea what to wear, which made it the perfect time to reach for this little black dress. 
It surprises me to see other style bloggers all decked out for Fall because even here in New England, the weather hasn't quite changed yet. The days still feel like summer, but the evenings feel like Fall. I thought the best way to deal with this transition was to have the best of both worlds. This sleeveless dress with cutouts (which I adore) make it appropriate for warmer weather. 
But I knew that at some point in our evening, Autumn would show it's face, so I decided why not pair my summer LBD with this adorable blanket scarf. Much more interesting than wearing a cardigan, but it has the same effect. This scarf is a new addition to my wardrobe, but it will be getting a lot of use. I especially love that it has two separate patterns that still work well together. It's definitely unique!

What I'm Wearing? 
Cutout Dress: Betsy Johnson 
Handbag: Catherine Malandrino save vs. spend
Bow Pumps: J Crew Factory 
Fringe Blanket Scarf: SheInside
I hope that you all are enjoying the transition into Fall and everthing that comes with it as much as I am.  


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this look! I LOVED it in your anniversary post! The plaid scarf was the perfect topper for that dress, and I love the print mixing on the scarf with the two different plaids and then the stripes in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mattie! I think the dress by itself is wonderful but because it's black, it is definitely a little too bland fort style so I loved the final look after adding the striped bow pumps and the scarf. I will be repeating this outfit

      Delete