Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Budget

I'm linking up with Fran and some wonderful ladies today for Budgeting BloggersBe sure to check out how everyone did! As for me, I really haven't been purchasing too many clothes as of late, but I picked up a few things this month. And they are pretty much all my new favorite things. The bow pumps have been on my radar for a while and the perfect summer blouse has been on my wish-list...so it was great to add these pieces to my wardrobe. As for the scalloped shorts and the sunhat, well I just couldn't resist. 


 Original $128 on Sale for $50
These have been available in various color combos and patterns over the years, but I've always managed to stay away. And trust me, that was hard to do because I love the configuration and style of this pump. This simple striped version was too classic to resist though. Even though I definitely don't need any heels right now, I made the splurge. 

  Original $68 on Sale for $40
This blouse has been a life saver for my summer wardrobe. And as I'm definitely not one of those style bloggers that wears an item once and then you never see it again, it has been on constant repeat. I believe in buying pieces that are worth investing in because they are versatile and fit my personal style. The items I purchase are here to stay and this blouse definitely fit the bill. In fact, I dedicated an entire post to all the different ways I've been loving wearing this summer blouse. 

   Original $20 purchased with a birthday gift card
Ok, it's official. I'm turning into a total hat lady and I don't know how it happened. I used hate hats and would only wear them in the winter. And even then, it was only to keep my ears warm, but in the past few months I've accumulated quite the little collection of hats. Proof...I already owned this exact hat in tan, but I couldn't resist picking it up in red as well. And it was the star of the show for Fourth of July.  


Cynthia Rowley Scalloped Shorts
  Purchased via TJMaxx $20
These linen scalloped shorts were a great find. Don't you just adore scalloped clothing in the summer? These are obviously from last season, which is why they ended up at TJMAXX but the major clothing brands seem to share ideas over the course of a few seasons so the Loft version of these shorts is almost identical. 

July Total: $110
Yearly Total $1500-$50[January]-$160[February]- $75[March]- $317[April]-$0[May]--$30[June]-$110[July]=$748 remaining for the year 

We are more than halfway through the year (crazy right) and I think that I'm doing well with my yearly budget. I lowered it from last year, but I still find that I'm able to pick up quality pieces. I definitely went overboard with my spending in April, but thanks to a "no buy" month in May and practically not buying anything in June, I'm back on track. This leaves me with about $125 left to spend each month for the remainder of the year. 
As of now, I think that I'm in good shape for my yearly budget.
How did you all do this month?  

16 comments:

  1. Those shoes! Do they run true to size? I usually wear a 7, but it looks like it's sold out... There is a 7.5, though...

    You were awesome at your budget this month. You found beautiful items you'll wear for a long time!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, they ran true to size....but I've seen people say otherwise in their reviews of the shoe. At the very least, they may be worth ordering and then simply returning if the sizing doesn't work for you!

      Delete
  2. OK you DEFINITELY needed to get those shoes!! :)

    ~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life, fellow Budgeting Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hat collection and those striped, bow pumps are fantastic! Great job budgeting this month!
    - Merrie K.,
    PetiteCareerGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merrie! I'm kind of in love with everything I bought this month...though my hat collection is starting to get out of control. I need to figure out a way to properly store all of them!

      Delete
  4. Those shoes are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite! Almost too cute to wear...Almost

      Delete
  5. That white Anthropologie top is so pretty! Somehow I missed it when I was looking through their tag sale online. I love wearing white tops in the summer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I picked it up during the tag sale and I'm definitely obsessed with it. It's been great to pair with brightly colored shorts and skirts this summer

      Delete
  6. I love all of your finds! I have white scalloped shorts from Loft last year, but they're kind of like stretch denim shorts, and they're fitted...and the scallops kind of roll up. Based on the pictures I feel like this year's lay better and don't roll up...but I kind of want to try them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are from Cynthia Rowley so I can't really comment on the fit of the Loft shorts. Regardless, I think sizing up so that they are so fitted would solve the problem. You could easily buy this years version and sale last years version since the fit doesn't work for you anyway!

      Delete
  7. Those pumps - JUST YES! Love everything you purchased! And I love the color of your new hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Thank you! Now if I could only get my husband to understand why this new hat was such a necessity.

      Delete
  8. You weren't kidding! Love those shorts and that gorgeous hat :)

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could wear that white anthro top! It looks so nice on you, and that crochet detail is gorgeous! I was under budget this month, but I foresee that changing in the near future ;)

    ReplyDelete