Monday, September 3, 2018

summer 2018 clothing budget

Happy Labor Day!
With summer on it's way out, I thought it would be a good time to share my summer clothing budget---all the clothing purchases I've made these past few months. 


Banana Republic Factory Malibu Tee Original $30, On Sale for $13 x 2 = $26 
I have actually owned this shirt in white for years and have loved it so much, but it was time to replace. So I picked up another one in white, and grabbed one in a blush pink color that I'm loving as well. 

Banana Republic Factory Print Side Knot Wrap Dress Original $60, on sale for $20
This dress is really nice and is for more of a special occasion. And while I don't have anything in particular coming up, I couldn't resist it because it was such a great deal. 

Banana Republic Factory Double Tie Tee Original $37, on Sale for $17
What can I say, I'm a sucker for anything with bows on it. 

Old Navy Linen Wide Leg Pants Original $40 + 50% off = $20 x 2 = $40 
I checked all my usual stores looking for chambray linen pants this summer...J Crew, Banana Republic, Target. I had given up. But then I went to Old Navy in search of some cheap potentially disposable clothes for my mission trip and found these. I loved these pants enough to instantly buy them in two colors-plain chambray (pictured below) and a stripe chambray.
These have been my go to pant all summer long because they are perfect with a tee and flip flops for a trip to Target or can be dressed up with wedges and a nice blouse. Can't wait to roll these into my autumn wardrobe as well. 

Old Navy Twist-back Romper Original $25 + $5 off coupon = $20 
 Technically, this is for bed, but it's too cute just to wear to sleep. 

Old Navy Fit & Flare Dress Original $30, on Sale for $20

A New Day Boater Hat Original $13 
Love that black ribbon detail.

Universal Thread Floppy Tassel Hat Original $15 
Obsessed with this Target brand and obsessed with hats---this way the perfect buy.

Universal Thread T-Shrits Original $8 but I found a deal of 3 for $20
After grabbing one of these tees a few months ago that I featured in my spring budget, I needed to go back for more. Picked up a pocket tee in mint (pictured below) and two crewneck tees in heathered gray and coral.

J Crew Factory Tunic Cover-up Original $75, On Sale for $52 + $50 rewards = $2
After looking for just the right cover-up for years, I finally gave up. Then I stumbled upon this one. It reminds of the Lilly Pulitzer style without the ridiculous price tag. Not to mention that I had some rewards to spend before they expired so it worked out perfectly.

Tie-Back Palm Jumpsuit Original $37 
This jumpsuit is a little outside of my comfort zone. Ok it's a lot out of my comfort zone, but I've decided to keep it anyway. 

Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress Original $25 
This dress. There were lots of color options, but mint green is my favorite.  It's got enough built-in support that you don't need a strapless bra with wearing it as an off-the-shoulder dress. But you can also pull the shoulders up to give you sleeves if you want the dress to be more conservative. It's like two dresses in one!

Total: $255 

Budget for the Year: $1200
Winter Clothing Budget 
Spring Clothing Budget 
remaining for the year $599

No comments:

Post a Comment