Thursday, September 13, 2018

that time I wished dental school wasn't cancelled

Dental school is a beast. Truly. I think the hardest part about it is that there never seems to be an end. School from 8AM to 5PM and then you get to spend your evening studying and doing lab-work. Breaks are far and few in between at my dental school, so I’m always thankful for a minute to myself. 

Enter Hurricane Florence. I hate to say it, but in the past, I’ve been grateful for the natural disasters that have forced the school to close. Ice storms, hurricanes, floods, snow. Heck, if the aliens want to invade on a school day, I'm cool with that too. Of course, I would never want anything truly disastrous to happen, but when you’re perpetually exhausted, a break is a break no matter how it comes about. So with the threat of this hurricane approaching, the dental school has shut down for the remainder of the week. And you guys, I have a feeling that the aftermath of the storm will keep things closed for the entirety of next week too. Normally, I would be totally somber on the outside, but secretly elated about the unexpected free days, but right now, I'm mostly just panicking. I only have 10 days left until I leave the dental school and start my away rotations, so I had big plans with that time. I was going to take 8 of my graduation requirement exams in the next few days. Because once I leave the dental school, I won't be back until a couple of weeks before graduation. And I wanted to come back care-free knowing that everything was done. Now the only thing I know for sure is that I'm going to be in a precarious situation. So this is the one and only time that I find myself wishing that dental school wasn't cancelled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment