Friday, November 30, 2018

friday favorites 11.30.18

What a week full of change this has been. I ended my first dental rotation and started my second rotation, only now, I'm not able to commute. Instead, I'm living away from my Husband and my pup. So this week has been a big transition. 


Missing 
I'm missing everything about being at home with my boys. Tom and I had a long distance marriage for so long that I really learned to appreciate all the little things when we finally moved in together. It feels like we just got settled in our new home when I had to leave for a dental school rotation. I am missing everything about being with my husband, snuggling with my pup, and our amazing loft with incredible backyard views like the one above.  

Dental School Rotations 
I'm in a bit of a transition period. This week was my first week at my second dental rotation. So far, I adore my new clinic. The pace and complexity of the dental work is incredible and I'm being trained with some of the latest and greatest in dental technology. Unfortunately, this clinic is also 4 hours away from Husband, which means I'm truly living "away" from home for 8-9 weeks. 

Also, very much missing this crew from my first rotation. I was only there for 9 weeks, but got so used to the schedule and personalities and workflow with this crew. It's hard to realize that I will never be at this clinic with this group of people again. 

Part 2, Round 2 
I finally realized that I couldn't hide from this exam anymore. And I'm studying to retake it, after the devastating results from last time. I'm changing up my study habits and study material with the hope that it makes the difference. Some days I feel great about and other days, I feel like I'm trying to hit a moving target with my eyes closed. But moving forward is moving forward right? 

I did not mean for this post to be all about dental school, but honestly that's what my week has looked like. Thankfully, I love what I do, so starting my days this week with 5:30AM study sessions at Starbucks, only to spend 8 hours slaving away to do as much as possible at the clinic, have all been favorite parts about this week. Promise I will be more interesting next week. 

linking up with fridayfavorites//

No comments:

Post a Comment