Friday, May 17, 2019

friday favorites 05.17.19

What a week this has been and it feels so good to be back to sharing favorites after taking such a long blogging break

GRADUATION
Not sure how you could have missed this, but I finished dental school! The actual ceremony was back on May 3rd, but they were holding my degree hostage until I made up a few absences since we were only allowed to miss 10 days of clinic over 2 years. But this week, I finally turned in my keycard and picked up my diploma. Lots of shares all about how it feels to be a grad school grad with a doctorate of dental medicine
grad school grad
doctorate of dental medicine

KAYAKING
We did our first paddle of the season this past Sunday, kayaking up to the Nauticus Museum that houses the USS Wisconsin Battleship here in Norfolk. Then yesterday, we did a quick sunset paddle down to Fort Washington (video in my stories) and have plans to paddle out again this weekend. It feels so good to be taking advantage of the weather and the free time we have right now. 
the first paddle

BACK TO BIKING 
We also got back into biking this week. We found a new bike trail and did a 12 mile straight ride. Also, pedaled ourselves though town for breakfast and dinner earlier in the week. 
makingrestorationsblog friday favorites


 This past week, I have been more active and engaged than I was in the whole last term of dental school. Between walking and biking and kayaking, I was physically active everyday (sometimes 2x a day) and have been sleeping 8 hours a night. Is this what it feels like to not be in graduate school? If so, the first week out has felt like a new beginning and I can't wait to see what next week holds. 
linking up with fridayfavorites//

No comments:

Post a Comment