Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cookie Exchange: Double Chocolate Chip

Blogmas Day 17 
Tonight I took a little study break and attended a cookie exchange where I shamelessly stuffed my face with lots of yummy treats. My absolute favorite club at school, "Scrubs and Stilettos" hosted our annual holiday cookie exchange.This club is my dental school's chapter of the American Association of Women Dentists, so it was just us girls. Love it! 
While I have gone overboard making elaborate cookies in the past, I've learned that basic crowd pleasers are best at events like this one. So I decided to put an extra chocolatey spin on a classic. And as usual, I baked these from scratch. Thought I'd share this easy recipe. 
Enjoy!  


Ingredients: 
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 egg at room temp 
3/4 cup brown sugar 
1/2 cup softened butter 
1/4 cup sugar 
2 tbsp vanilla extract 
1 tbsp almond milk 
1 tsp baking soda 

Directions: 
Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar 
Add egg, vanilla extract, and milk while continuing to mix 
Mix in flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda 
Fold in Chocolate Chips 
Cover the dough and refrigerate for an hour 
Preheat the oven to 350 
Roll cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheet 
Bake for 10-15 minutes 
(be prepared for how delicious it's going to smell)

No comments:

Post a Comment