Friday, December 12, 2014

Gift Guide: Dental or Medical Student

Blogmas Day 11

Yes, I know that it is actually day 12. I had a last minute assignment pop up and in my frenzy to get everything done, I had absolutely no time to post yesterday. The saddest part is that this post was already written. Well, I assure you that this will not happen again, nor will you be cheated a blogmas post. I'm going to make two posts today to make-up for it. For right now, I just want to share a little gift guide geared towards the medically inclined.


For Studying
Headphones: I have this exact pair and they are phenomenal. They are perfect for noise cancellation during studying, but even better when it comes to lab work. They just so happen to be excellent at drowning out the sounds of the fifty plus drills running when my classmates and I are practicing. All I can hear is the music. Also, they are wireless, which cannot be beat. I can literally walk around the entire laboratory without having to attach my phone or ipod or whatever to my person. 

Book: This is my best friend right now, it's the perfect little reference book. And I'd recommend this one for med students. 

School Bag: A cute tote to load everything into because trust me, there is a lot of stuff. 

For Everyday Life 
Watch: There is always some place important to be and being there on time is key. 

Coffee: Because you can't do anything without coffee. I never even have a sip of it until I made it into dental school. Now that I'm here, I couldn't survive without my 2 cup a day minimum. Sometimes, I love my Keurig more than life itself. 

Walking on Clouds: Once clinical life begins, these shoes are your best friends, it's suddenly comfy to be on your feet all day. 

For Fun: 
Because us dental students are a rowdy bunch 
Microbes: What dental student wouldn't want a stuffed animal shaped like Streptococcus Mutans, a bacteria known to cause cavities. I may or may not own several of these in different strains of bacteria. They are amazing stocking stuffers. 

Just for kicks: You're never too old for play-doh. I wish they had this when I was a kid. I still have my dentist barbie and would have loved (and do currently) to play with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment