Saturday, July 4, 2015

SeaFood Boil!


Every Summer needs to involve a SeaFood Boil!
When I was a little girl, my family would gather at my Great Aunt Connie’s house. All of us cousins would run around the yard catching fireflies in the twilight. And when it was time for dinner, the adults would dress us in their old t-shirts and lay newspapers down on the front porch. Then we would eat our way through pounds and pounds of crab and shrimp…laughing and playing and making a big mess the whole time. Meanwhile, we could hear the laughter of the adults coming from inside as they ate dinner and played cards. Those were the days where things were simple, the food was good, and the company was even better. These are some of my fondest memories as a child.

Things have changed quite a bit since then, but not so much that I can’t share a good SeaFood Boil with the ones that I love. Earlier this week, when Tom and I sat down to dinner, this is what I served. 


Not every dinner is this fancy, but I was feeling inspired by my new cocktail napkins. Plus, I had some extra time this week and it is Summer after so I figured why not? 
 I served up sweet corn and potatoes with rosemary. 
Alaskan King Crab Legs 
Lobster Tails
and
Blue Crabs 



While I made dinner, Husband finished up our travel video, but I did have a helper. This little guy is always on my heel. 




Happy Fourth of July Everyone! 
I hope that you are all enjoying the holiday with your loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment